Songs have been a part of our lives since forever.
Not only are they ways for their creators to express themselves and let out their emotions, they are also ways for them to share important lessons and experiences to their audiences.
To teach them how to understand themselves or to inspire them to become better people.
Here are some unforgettable inspirational song lyrics that we can keep in mind:
1. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
None but ourselves can free our minds.”
― Bob Marley
2. “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again” ― Jimi Hendrix
3. “Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one”
― John Lennon, Imagine
4. “Do you know what’s worth fighting for when it’s not worth dying for? Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?”
— 21 Guns – Greenday
5. “There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done.
There’s nothing you can sing that can’t be sung…”
— All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
6. “Our love is like a song
but you won’t sing along.”
― Demi Lovato, Demi Lovato: Don’t Forget
7. “You are what you love not who loves you.”— Save Rock and Roll – Fall Out Boy
8. “And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am..”
— Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
9. “Beyond the picket fences and the oil wells, the happy endings, and the fairy tales, is the reality of shattered lives and broken dreams. We carry on.”
― Tim McGraw
10. “Sometimes we must grow stronger and
You can’t be stronger in the dark
When I’m here, no longer
You must be stronger”
― My Chemical Romance
11. “It’s better to regret something you have done than to regret something you HAVEN’T done.”
― the Butthole Surfers
12. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, .like a skyscraper.”
— Skyscraper – Demi Lovato
13. “Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don’t you cry”
― Phil Collins, Disney’s Tarzan
Whether we’re lonely, depressed, or hopeless, songs have always been there to remind us that we are not alone in this world and that we are part of something much bigger that just ourselves and our own problems.
Even in happiness, songs can uplift your spirits much higher than before.
Like a friend, songs are there for you whenever you need them.
Whenever you feel sad, angry or frustrated, listen to the language of music and let the lyrics or melody inspire you.
Photo: courtesy of Flickr Iryna Yeroshko