Are you stressed with balancing work and play?
Looking for ways to improve your life for the better?
Listed are 50 tips that can help you relieve some stress out of your life and also to give you some ideas on how you want to do things differently.
If you have done all things on this list, congratulations!!
You are awesome!.
If not, check it out and feel free to leave your own tips in the comments section below:
Here are they:
1. Smile 🙂 [tweetherder]
No matter how busy or stressed you are, try to squeeze a smile or two to lighten up your day
2. Eat more vegetables
Introduce more fruits and vegetables into you diet.
Take care of what food you take in because it is going to affect your mood throughout the day.
3. Go on a Retreat [tweetherder]
It can be a meditation or a retreat related to your interest or hobby.
As long as you can be away from the busyness of life, it will help you relax and calm a stressful mind.
4. Write in a diary [tweetherder]
Dump all your thoughts into a private journal or diary.
Just write and write all the ideas, anger and thoughts into paper (or on a computer screen).
Writing can be therapeutic in that it helps you to empty your mind of ideas and problems that has been bothering you during the day. I use
5. Set up and write a blog [tweetherder]
Similar to writing a journal except it is public 🙂 so be careful what you write there on the blog.
A blog is a great medium to share your lessons, insights and knowledge with the public.
For me, I loves to share the knowledge and insights I’ve gained throughout the years and hope that readers who read my blog can benefit from my experience and lessons so they can avoid the mistakes I have made in the past.
6. Find your purpose and life mission [tweetherder]
Dissatisfied with your career and life?
It is obvious that you haven’t found your life purpose or mission yet. Start asking yourself a couple of important questions:
– If I have all the money in the world, what kind of job/career would I be doing?
– What type of work will bring me the most joy and passion and how can I turn this into a income producing career?
7. Set Goals [tweetherder]
Write down what you want to do in the coming year at least?
Set a long term and short term goals.
Break your yearly goal into monthly and then weekly and then daily mini goals.
This way you won’t overwhelmed yourself with too much details and it builds momentum for you.
It is easier to achieve a smaller target than a huge one.
The additional benefit of achieving smaller milestones is that you increase your self confidence and momentum that propel you forward to achieve even more.
Just don’t forget to celebrate every little achievement along the way.
8. Wake up a hour early than usual [tweetherder]
Try waking up a bit early than usual.
Experiment with this to see if you can see an increase in your productivity level.
9. Let go of anger [tweetherder]
Don’t hold any anger towards anyone even though they might have hurt you in the past.
Anger is very taxing and emotionally draining so there is really no benefit to you to hold onto anger.
Instead divert your mind to do the things or activities you need to do such as setting your dream goals and taking care of yourself via a healthy diet and exercise regime.
10. Let go of attachments [tweetherder]
Attachment can cause disappointments.
If you are expecting something from someone or expecting something to happen, what is the result if the person doesn’t met your expectations or the situation doesn’t go according to your plans?
I’m sure you will be disappointed.
Disappointment leads to frustration and sometimes anger.
See #9 about the debilitating effects of anger. So better not be too attached to the outcome of a situation or person.
As long as you have made your best effort, if it doesn’t go according to your plan, let it go and move on to something new or different.
Or maybe you need to tweak your existing strategies so learn and educate yourself with more knowledge.
Don’t waste time wallowing too much in negative attitudes.
11. Walk on the beach [tweetherder]
12. Play games [tweetherder]
Can be board games, video games or games you made up yourself. Have fun!
13. Solve a puzzle [tweetherder]
14. Read Books [tweetherder]
15. Watch new movies [tweetherder]
16. Write a letter to yourself [tweetherder]
Pretend that you are writing a letter to yourself 10 years from now: what would you write?
17. Join a new club [tweetherder]
18. Initiate a new hobby [tweetherder]
19. Try meditating [tweetherder]
20. Sing [tweetherder]
If you are like me, I prefer to sing in the shower than in front of my friends 🙂
21. Write a book [tweetherder]
22. Write a poem [tweetherder]
23. Stop judging others [tweetherder]
Be more objective.
24. Love yourself [tweetherder]
25. Stop complaining [tweetherder]
Let’s kick the complaining voice out of our mind
26. Trust your gut [tweetherder]
Listen to your inner guide/muse.
27. Fall In Love [tweetherder]
If you are single, fall in love with yourself
28. Take massive action [tweetherder]
Instead of doing 2-3 tasks a day for one goal, do 5-6 tasks instead
29. Go on a 28 or 30 day trial to acquire a new habit [tweetherder]
30. Buy yourself a new dress or new set of clothes [tweetherder]
Pamper yourself. You have worked hard so treat yourself well for that.
31. Send an random email to your friends with the words: I love you, I like you or Thank you (you pick) [tweetherder]
Valentine’s day is coming so now you have an excuse to pull off this prank.
Just make sure not to send the wrong message :). hint : let them know it is purely platonic
32. Visit a new country [tweetherder]
33. Visit a new city [tweetherder]
34. Learn a new language [tweetherder]
Como estas, mi amigo/amiga :).
35. Participate in a contest or sports competition [tweetherder]
36. Create the next viral YouTube video like Psy’s Gangnam Style [tweetherder]
If you do, please let me know :)!!
37. Compose a song [tweetherder]
38. Draw a picture or paint [tweetherder]
39. Create a new passive income stream [tweetherder]
Can be writing a book or starting your own business either online or offline.
40. Have a pet [tweetherder]
I got a husky dog last year as my companion since I work from home.
He is a source of joy to our family.
If it is too expensive, consider having a fish or cat.
41. Take up a new class [tweetherder]
Get to know new people and the chance to learn new knowledge.
42. Learn to fold origami figures [tweetherder]
PS: it takes a lot of patience to this right.
I have tried it myself but with my impatience I couldn’t never do it perfect.
43 Learn to cook a new dish [tweetherder]
Try out a new recipe.
44. Go on a cruise vacation [tweetherder]
I have never traveled on a cruise before so this is definitely on my wish list!
45. Travel around the world or travel to your favorite destination [tweetherder]
This has always been a dream of mine to see the different cultures and cities around the world.
I love travelling and hopefully this dream of mine can be realized in a year or so.
How about you?
Any country you want to visit?
46. Change your hairstyle [tweetherder]
I always had dark hair and have never tried to dye it since I really wasn’t very concerned about my hairstyle.
Starting last year, for the sake of trying something new, I dye my hair a reddish brown.
It was fun to see my hair in a different color.
47. Be a mentor [tweetherder]
Help someone out by being a mentor to them.
You can check out mentor ship programs at your alma mater or local community clubs or organizations.
Give and you will receive.
48. Volunteer for your favorite charity. [tweetherder]
49. Learn to bake [tweetherder]
50. Be featured in the newspapers or on TV for your achievements [tweetherder]
Become a “celebrity” in your industry and doors of opportunities will be opened to you.
Visit HARO and submit your story and who knows, it might be picked up by journalists and be featured in media
51. Not part of this list but I want to say: Thank you to my readers for taking the time to read my blog and for joining my newsletter. I really appreciate you 🙂 !! *Hug* [tweetherder]