If you are eager to change your life for the better, why not learn the success lessons from famous people’s lives? There is so much to learn from the lives of the famed, who have tasted both success and failure, faced good and bad times, and undergone a complete transformation for the better.
I have derived inspiration from such great personalities, who pursued their dreams with courage and have achieved them. They were the ones who didn’t feel dejected at the first rejection or failure and didn’t quit or stop following their dreams. They kept going even after hearing “NO” only to continue their passion.
Their commitment to their dreams worked wonders to bring them here – where they are today, with a huge fan following, success, fortune, and fame:
1. Oprah Winfrey:
An internationally acclaimed media personality and one of the richest women in the world, Oprah Winfrey is a real life example of a rags-to-riches story. As somebody who had a troubled childhood and suffered from child abuse, Oprah is a champion of children rights.
If I have to recount any lesson learned from celebrities, Oprah would undoubtedly be part of the list, because her life is itself a lesson to be learned.
• It’s her determination that drives her to pursue her goals that have been instrumental in changing her life and that of millions others who have taken inspiration from her.
• She believes in making constant strides for improvement and taking responsibility and holding herself accountable for all she does, which she says have led to inner peace.
2. Steve Jobs:
Steve Jobs is a name to be reckoned with. A charismatic personality, Steve Jobs lived a illustrious life, leaving behind plenty of lessons for his fans to follow.
• I am greatly inspired by Steve’s idea of doing something that you would be proud to show to your loved ones.
• His dedication and approach to pursuing his vision is something that everyone should take inspiration from.
• Another lesson learned from the famed Steve Jobs is the value of time. Though Steve lived for only 56 years, the way he made the maximum use of time shows how he valued every minute – which you cannot buy even if you have millions of dollars.
3. Larry Ellison:
One of the richest man in America, Larry Ellison is another inspiration for me. Larry went on to become the founder of Oracle from being a two-time college dropout.
• I have learned the art of ignoring negative gossips from Ellison, who himself has been lambasted by numerous critics at every stage of his glowing career. There were many who would detract him at every stage, but he stayed true to his vision, ignoring everything else. It is interesting to note here that Ellison derives inspiration from Napoleon, who, he believes, “definitely needed better PR.”
• His self belief and sheer will to succeed along with a never-say-die attitude have remained his weapons to success in life.
4. Benjamin Carson:
Benjamin Carson is a world renowned pediatric neurosurgeon. As someone who is highly acclaimed worldwide, it is hard to believe he had to struggle to a great extent to reach where he is now. His life exemplifies the story of someone who has overcome odds and become a highly respected and gifted surgeon and pioneer in surgical techniques.
• What I admire of Benjamin Carson the most is his notion to keep the doors of learning open and learn from others. He believes nobody is perfect and that there is plenty to learn from others around you and your own mistakes. You only add to your knowledge base if you learn from mistakes.
• Another lesson learned from Mr. Benjamin Carlson is the value of reading. I am deeply impressed with his love for reading, which, he says, “activates and exercises the mind.” Reading makes you use your imagination and become more creatively inclined.
5. Julie Andrews:
A multi-talented personality, Dame Julie Andrews is the story of a young girl who had already earned name and fame when she turned 27 years. I am a big fan of Julie Andrews, who has been a living example for many others like me.
•An author, an actress, a singer, a writer, Julie Andrews is well known for her strong determination and never-say-die attitude.
• Despite losing her singing voice to a botched surgical procedure, she never lost hope of life; rather, saw life in writing and turned an author. She is a woman of integrity and character – an inspiration to all those who have lost hope in life, who believes in finding self talent, seizing it with both hands, owning it, and never giving up! This is one lesson learned from the famed Julie Andrews that has been inspiring generations!
In summary, you can learn a lot of valuable life lessons by reading biographies, interviews, quotes or speeches by the world most successful people, and accelerate your own learning curve. I encourage to pick a list of your most admired heroes and list what you can learn from each of them.
So who are your favorite heroes?