Practical Success Tips are just one of the many practical courses offered here at Prosperity To Do List.
Hello, I’m Jennifer. welcome to Practical Success Tips.
This e-course is a compilation of my most popular articles on the blog and they have been organized by topic for your easy reading.
It covers the following topics:
1. The Self – Give your personality a step up
2. Relationships – Learn the tips to improve your relationship with others
4. Life – Lessons learned in this great experience called life
5. Learning from other’s people experiences
6. Manifest Your Dreams
So, let’s get started…..
Part 1: Give Your Personality a Step Up
- Be honest with yourself
- Use power hours
- Change your external work environment
- Avoid perfectionism
- Hang out with people who inspire you
- Broadcast your goals
- Make sure you reward yourself for the hard work you have done
- Set rules
- Be focused
- Think of the unpleasant consequences of NOT doing it
2. Tips on how to deal with criticism – I know, no-one likes to be criticized!
- Don’t take it personally
- Remain calm
- Keep your self esteem high
- Respond to the suggestion
- Keep your attention on what is helpful, useful and relevant
- Avoid arguing with the other party
- Have your end goal in mind -Before you start the journey you need to know where you are going first, right?
- Have a plan and strategy: how are you going to achieve your goal? by plane, bus, ship or bicycle?
- Skills identification: This needs a little bit of self understanding. What are you good at? What are you bad at? Two books I would recommend for reading and understanding your strengths are Now, Discover Your Strengths and Strengthsfinder 2.0
- How do you present to people?
- How do you come across in interviews and in your resume writing?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
- How would you describe yourself
- Is your image consistent?
A great book on personal image/branding is Change One Thing: Discover What is Holding You Back – and Fix it – With the Secrets of a Top Executive Image Consultant
Some examples of questions to ask (read the whole article for all 10 questions):
- What do you want to achieve in a year or two?
- What are the key lessons you have learned to date?
- What is your ideal life like? etc..
- Concentrate and focus on one thing (if the issue on hand is very important and requires a lot of concentration)
- Use the 80/20 rule
- Learn to relax to increase productivity
- Use journaling as a tool to improve creativity and productivity. A tool I personally use and highly recommend is The Journaling Software
- Take a break by taking a walk or try a different room to do work
- Pay attention to your moods and feelings.
- Create a time box
- Take advantage of time pockets throughout the day
- Create a system
- Carry a notebook (or take down notes on your smartphone) whenever you have free time
- Lighten up your office/work space
- Create a to do list
- Reduce TV watching time. I personally don’t watch TV. Most of my time is spent working, watching YouTube or a good movie on Blu-ray or DVD.
- Ask for help or outsource
- Multi task on repetitive chores
- Has everything ready the night before
- Set your clocks 10-15 minutes ahead of time
- Don’t always say Yes.
- Have a plan
- Find a mentor
- Identify the source of the problem
- Identify the constraints
- Understand your limiting beliefs
Some examples of actions you should do:
- Have a feeling of gratitude
- Review your goals
- Spend at least 30 minutes on each of your goals
- Have an abundance mindset
- Believe in yourself
- Learn and educate yourself
- Prioritize action over theory
- Go the extra mile
Next Module : Part 2- Relationship