Have you paid attention to what you say to yourself every day?
You see we always ask ourselves questions all the time: Should I get up early? What should I eat for breakfast? Should I procrastinate on my book writing project? Should I go out tonight? What show should I watch today? etc..etc..
Think about it: our questions leads to our decisions and our decisions lead to the quality and type of life we are going to lead.
So doesn’t it make sense that if we want to improve or change our situation for the better, the first step to pay attention to is the questions we asked?
So if we ask ourselves questions that bring us self-pity such as:
- why does this happen to me?
- Why am I so unlucky in love, life, career (you name it)?
All these questions demotivates us even more rather than solve the pressing problems.
Instead ask the following questions:
- What did I do wrong?
- What can I do differently?
- How can I learn from this situation?
Asking these types of questions naturally leads you to find the solutions and not dwell in misery.
Here are 10 Types of Questions to ask yourself when you are doing some self-reflection or even at the end of the day when you are doing a quick review of the day:
1. What is your ideal life?
2. What do you want to achieve in a year or two?
3. What are the key lessons you have learned to date?
4. What part of your life is not going according to your desires? How can you overcome that?
5. What did you learn from this experience and how can you do it better next time?
6. How do you see yourself 3 years from now? 5 years? and so on.
7. What kind of beliefs or people are holding you from achieving your goals?
8. When did you feel the happiest? What happened? Identify that and make sure you can increase your happy moments
9. Who are your role models? Your inspiration?
10. What kind of person do you want to be and what kind of qualities are you looking for in your friends?
Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers ~ Tony Robbin [tweetherder][/tweetherder]