I am a huge fan of goal setting particularly when it comes to major goals like earning your first million, getting married, buy a house, have kids and so on.
Goals give us a direction for moving forward and spur us to take action day by day so we can see it manifested soon.
Goal Setting is a four step process:
1. End objective: Know what you want
2. Strategy: How can I achieve my goals? What steps do I need to take?
3. Skills Identification: What am I lacking in terms of goal achievement? What skills do I need to learn/acquire to do the necessary actions?
4. Review: How have I done so far? What is still missing? Compare your results to your goals and identify how you want to bridge that gap.
Posting My Goals
I decide to post my goals here to share with you what my plans are in the next couple of years. I encourage you to write your goals down and broadcast it to the Universe:
My goal 1-3 years from now:
1. Have kids
2. Write three e-books (update in 2014: wrote 2 so far)
4. Earn enough money so I can spend more time with my family (achieve half of it now)
5. Be healthy and fit
6.Have a successful business
My goals for the next three years:
1. Earn a six figure income
2. Grow 100,000 visitors to my blog and increase my valuable readers and subscribers to 10,000 (thank you all for your support 🙂 )
3. Write an e-book – Update: Achieved September 2013
4. Add value via my blog and books – Continue
5. Write at least 200 high value articles for my blog
6. Cure my husky Titan of his separation anxiety Update: his anxiety has lessened to a considerable degree
7. Travel!! Update: My husband and I went to Montreal during New Year Eve
8. Meet new and interesting people
9. Spend more time with my husband – Done
10. Be more loving towards everybody
11. Continue writing valuable and practical content on this blog
12. Involve myself in some charitable projects
13. Develop my own iPhone App and be featured in the top 25
Remember to share your goals with your significant other (if you are in a relationship) or with your trusted friends. Create some accountability and keep broadcasting it so it will manifest sooner or later.
Share you goals with us and let me know if you have achieved them or not 🙂